Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sodacrush Update - Reopened with a new look! | Go to post

Just a quick update on my shop, Sodacrush - I'm reopening it and slowly overhauling its image. I've cut it down from over 90 listings to only a handful, and will slowly rebuild it as and when I have time to take new pictures and upload them.

A trip down memory lane - this is from an interview I did for a team promo on Etsy in June'11:

The name Sodacrush actually came from when I was a lovestruck teenager - You know when you get a crush on someone, and your insides just fizz with happiness? That's what I wanted people to feel like when they looked at my jewelry, joyful and in love. I love working in wire because of how expressive and free it looks, which explains why so many of my pieces are heart-themed and done in wire.

Half a year on and I'm a full-time college student with pretty much no free time on hand, so I've decided to stop wire-wrapping indefinitely. A different kind of darling is going into Sodacrush, now - here's some of the pretty things already up for sale:







No more wire, but still plenty of love ♥

And, of course, no post is complete without a shot of my workdesk:



A bunch of earrings and a two new pendants, will be up for sale (eventually). And one final picture for today - a shot of a page in my journal. Quote is from Wide Sargasso Sea, by Jean Rhys



♥Jasmyn

2:09 AM

Search ★



Looking for something specific? A tutorial, tip or design? Use this search box to find what you need!

About ★



Currently on HIATUS but leaving this blog up for those who are still looking at old tutorials/process shots :) Will be back one day maybe!

ValkyrieCouture ★

Facebook ★

Sodacrush ★

Archives

african themed jewelry | Just a couple of quick shots, because I'm getting ... | Oxidising/Antiqing method comparison - Gilder's Pa... | New steampunk necklaces + Wire wrapped pendant | Necklace 'Sketches' Choker Collar style | The lovely Michelle from misanthropycreations did ... | more previews, cuff, handmade necklaces and earrings | Heart Key wire wrapped Pendant Steampunk jewelry v... | The first in a new collection of steampunk/wire-wr... | I know I don't really update this blog often, I'm ... |

November 2009 | April 2010 | March 2011 | April 2011 | May 2011 | August 2011 | September 2011 | October 2011 | December 2011 | January 2012 | February 2012 | March 2012 | May 2012 | August 2012 | September 2012 | October 2012 | January 2013 | February 2013 | May 2013 | June 2014 | July 2014 |
Inspiration

more Quotes
Personal Sites
Tumblr
images: layout: powered by:
back
forth
Facebook DeviantArt JewelryLessons Sodacrush on Etsy ValkyrieCouture on Etsy

love&lust

follow