Saturday, October 29, 2011

Necklace 'Sketches' Choker Collar style | Go to post

It's been a hectic week, and I sold one of my most precious pieces - Kalliope Filigree Choker by ValkyrieCouture.


This piece is so dear to me because it's the first collar-style necklace I made, and I think it's gorgeous. Now that it's off to a new home, I've been press-ganged into making another one because my sister wants to wear it to her prom ;)

Since that experiment with a new style was quite a success, I've been throwing together ideas for more necklaces like that. But since finals are in 3 weeks I have no idea if/when I will have the time to finish them, so here's some preview shots! No names yet, though suggestions would be welcome :)



I'm undecided with this butterfly piece- on one hand, it's very pretty and would look really nice finished with a choker of cream&champagne pearl strands. Then again, it has a bit of a steampunk feel and would look equally good with gears&chains...



This one actually curves elegantly round the neck :) The piece ended up with a vitrail crystal which I don't think suits it at all, only the nearest supplier that has the crystals I need is over an hour's journey away from my house. :( School gets in the way of creativity in the most infuriating way!



Last but not least - my favourite of the three! :) I think it captures everything I love about collars/choker style pieces - I love the curves and the way it flows over the collarbones, regal and mysterious at the same time ♥

Enough gushing for now though, and back to the books -sigh- I promise I'll work hard and get these pieces done as soon as exams are over!

Questions, comments &etc. can be sent to valkyriecouture@gmail.com :)

♥Jasmyn

Labels: , , , ,

10:22 AM

Search ★



Looking for something specific? A tutorial, tip or design? Use this search box to find what you need!

About ★



Currently on HIATUS but leaving this blog up for those who are still looking at old tutorials/process shots :) Will be back one day maybe!

ValkyrieCouture ★

Facebook ★

Sodacrush ★

Archives

The lovely Michelle from misanthropycreations did ... | more previews, cuff, handmade necklaces and earrings | Heart Key wire wrapped Pendant Steampunk jewelry v... | The first in a new collection of steampunk/wire-wr... | I know I don't really update this blog often, I'm ... | Handmade business card tutorial | Motivational inspirational matchbox handmade diy gift | free gifts, packaging, chainmaille, lolita | Gothic angel atlantis gryphon tear fantasy mytholo... | Avarice fantasy filigree jewelry pendant mythology... |

November 2009 | April 2010 | March 2011 | April 2011 | May 2011 | August 2011 | September 2011 | October 2011 | December 2011 | January 2012 | February 2012 | March 2012 | May 2012 | August 2012 | September 2012 | October 2012 | January 2013 | February 2013 | May 2013 | June 2014 | July 2014 |
Inspiration

more Quotes
Personal Sites
Tumblr
images: layout: powered by:
back
forth
Facebook DeviantArt JewelryLessons Sodacrush on Etsy ValkyrieCouture on Etsy

love&lust

follow